20 Reasons To Keep Coconut Oil In Your Bathroom
ⓈⒽⒶⓇⒺ :: ⓉⒶⒼ :: ⓁⒾⓀⒺ
1. Shave Your Legs. That’s right! Coconut oil is a girl’s best friend when it comes to shaving. If you want baby soft legs, rub a small amount of coconut oil on your legs before shaving.
2. Oil Pulling – Have you swished with coconut oil? Oil pulling is a traditional way to cleanse the mouth of bacteria. Start your day with oil pulling by swishing a teaspoon of coconut oil in your mouth. Try to swish for at least 10 minutes. If you can, swish up to 20 minutes. (CAUTION:do not spit it out in the sink, it will clog the drain.)
3. Wash Your Face. It’s called oil cleansing and it’s amazing! It may sound strange but oil can actually help clean your face.
4. Hair Treatment – Coconut oil helps reduce protein loss when used as a pre or post treatment. Pre-treating your hair by adding a 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil to the roots and work the oil down to the ends. Leave the coconut oil on for an hour before rinsing.
5. Skin moisturizer. Coconut oil is known to help reduce scaring, stretch marks and prevent sagging skin. It’s a natural “miracle” cream! Try my whipped coconut oil body butter here.
6. Rash and Burn Cream. Coconut oil helps to sooth rashes and burns. A small dab of coconut oil has always helped to reduce and even eliminate diaper rash.
7. Eye Makeup Remover. Another wonderful reason to have coconut oil on hand in the bathroom is for removing makeup! Wash your face and then use coconut oil to remove the remaining eye makeup.
8. Cuticle Treatment. Coconut oil does wonders for your nails! Massage your finger nails and toe nails with it as often as you like to help keep rugged cuticles tame. The anti-fungal properties of coconut oil are also helpful for keeping toes clear of fungal infections.
9. Frizz Tamer. Coconut oil is a go-to when you need to tame wild hair. Only use a small amount though. Too much coconut oil will leave your hair with an oily look.
10. To lighten age spots when rubbed directly on the skin.
11. To get rid of cradle cap on baby- just massage in to head, leave on for a few minutes and gently rinse with a warm wash cloth
12. Mixed with equal parts sugar for a smoothing body scrub (use in the shower)
13. Rubbed on lips as a natural chap stick
14. Use on feet to fight athlete’s foot or tor fungus
15. In place of Lanolin cream on nursing nipples to sooth irritation (also great for baby!)
16. As a natural personal lubricant that won’t disturb vaginal flora
17. When used consistently on skin it can help get rid of cellulite
18. Use as a natural deodorant
19. By itself or with baking soda as a naturally whitening toothpaste
20. Rub into elbows daily to help alleviate dry, flaky elbows.
FOLLOW ME by hitting the button on my cover photo, I like to post neat ideas!!**
(¸☆´ (¸.☼´´¯`•.¸¸.❉☆ https://www.facebook.com/melissa.tenhave