SUMMERY SALAD – WITH A CILANTRO VINAIGRETTE
– 3-4 ears corn, cooked
– 2-3 avocados, diced
– 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
– 3 Zuchinni, finely diced, skin on (you can use cucumber also)…
– 1/3 C. crumbled feta
– 1/2 red onion, finely diced
– 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar or red wine vinegar
– 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
– 1/2 tsp. salt
– 1 tsp. garlic powder
– 1/2 freshly ground black pepper
– 2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
– 6 tbsp. olive oil
– I added a tbsp of lime juice also
1. Cook your corn – There are a lot of ways to do this, cook on the BBQ, roast it, but the easiest is just to put the oven on 350, and throw the corn in, husks and all. Bake them for 25 minutes, let it cool, and then cut off the very bottom of the corn. You should be able to easily pull off the husks and the silk.
2. Cut off the kernels with a large knife, add to a big bowl.
3. Chop the avocados, cherry tomatoes, zuchinni, and red onion, then add to the bowl. Add the feta.
4. For the vinaigrette, combine the first 5 ingredients (so the seasonings react with the vinegar), then add the cilantro and the EVOO. Shake it up.
5. Gently mix all the salad ingredients together. When ready to serve, add the dressing and stir to combine.
Adapted and tweaked from a Recipe from Best Healthy Food
**Feel free to FOLLOW ME. I am always posting awesome stuff!** https://www.facebook.com/melissa.tenhave
Join our group… contests and drawings… recipe, friendship and motivation!!!!